Friday, January 15, 2010

Tea parties and good friends...

Yes, the good things in life... friends and tea parties! The girls and I had a tea party yesterday... trying to wind down from the week. I just love tea parties! I bought a bunch of mismatched china cups from Goodwill (no worries about breaking anything) and the girls and I often sit down for these types of afternoons. They're nice times that the three of us sit down, snack, and just plain relax. This was something of a pajama tea party... we went all out on the relaxation. We invited our stuffed animals, got cozy in jammies, and though we talked about making warm cookies, in the end we just didn't have the motivation for it. We've also had quite a few play dates lately - Phoebe's had a few, and Nora even had a friend over today. Addison and Nora go to preschool together and overall had a great day - hugging, proclaiming friendship, and playing together. I love seeing this happen for my kids... starting to make real friendships and reaching out to find out who other people are.

3 comments:

  1. A tea party! Lovely cup, lovely time:) it sounds like the 3 of you had a perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your so tired all the time...It requires alot of energy to be so creative for your children. Kudos to you darlin...these are the best days of their lives.
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture....I love your girls

    ReplyDelete