Friday, January 8, 2010

Hi

Somehow a journal/blog/memoir always needs a good first line... and I have to say that many times it's kept me from writing down the things I want to write. This time I've decided to forget it, just get past it, and keep going. Actually, that kinda fits my life in general. OK, so I don't forget easily, but eventually I seem to get past stuff... and I ALWAYS keep going. In fact, my Master's degree advisor once said what I believe to be a very astute truth about me... that I am persistent. At the time it was the nicest thing he could think of... but it makes it no less true.

So, let's start... I guess I see this as a suboptimal way to keep in touch with my friends, since this is not a public blog... but I'm aware that I feel isolated... and that this has become a big problem for me lately. I WANT to keep in touch, I WANT to have conversations with my friends, but we all seem so busy, so tired, and so unable to meet in person and share ourselves. Bummer... this is what it's come to? That I start typing in the hopes that my friends still feel like they know me? Well, so be it. I'm keeping this an invitation only deal... and you've been invited because we're friends, because I wish I could hang out with you more often, because I miss you. I'm just trying to keep in touch.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a blog Jill. I look forward to your posts!!!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet beginning. You are so good at this. The pictures are amazing. We wish we could hang out more often with you too. Love, Britt and Lorelei.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you should have a blog like 5 months ago. I was all like "Jill should TOTALLY have a blog" and no I didn't sounds like a valley girl.

    ReplyDelete