Saturday, January 9, 2010

The heart...


Lately I've been pondering the heart. Maybe because I'm nearing that time where I'll have to replace my pacemaker battery... and there's nothing like thinking about pacemakers to make you contemplate a heart. But it's not really even that... it's more that I feel like my heart has found some strength lately, something I didn't have before. I've been working at holding on to feeling grateful and happy more... and letting go of being disappointed and broken-hearted.... trying to focus on what I have, not what I've lost or the road I've not chosen (that said, I expect you'll read more here about the road not taken). It's remarkably hard to do... for me to be grateful and satisfied... it's not the model my parents gave me. But when I do manage to focus on the positive it really does feel that everyone gets along better. I light candles, I have little loved objects sitting around, I take deep breaths... all just to remind myself that this is a good life and that it's my choice to hold that idea in my heart every day.

1 comment:

  1. You have always been so strong. Sometimes you do not realize it but I know first hand how great you are. It is much easier to go through life recognizing the greatness around us though.
    How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete