Friday, January 22, 2010

Butterflies on a rainy day...

Phoebe has been loving learning about butterflies in school, so today as one of our rainy day projects we strung pony beads on pipe cleaners and made butterflies. Phoebe kept us learning as she told us all about caterpillars (which are in Nora's hands below), how they hatch from eggs, eat leaves, and they grow until they're ready to make a chrysalis (Phoebe's word!). After metamorphosis (my word) they become butterflies!
We made whole families of butterflies, big caterpillars (with beads) and small caterpillars (that haven't got their colors yet). It was great fun! However, I think that all around we're ready for a break in the rain so that we can spend more time outside. That said, I should post some pictures of playing in the rain with Claire!

I love rain, it's my excuse to sip tea, sit in my pj's, and read book after book. The kids even get in that kind of a mood... but it can only last for so many days... looks like 5 is the limit! Good thing sun is in the forecast for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment