Friday, April 30, 2010

Lunch...

I think that it's quite possible that lunch is my least favorite meal to make. I'm not willing to put a bunch of time into things the kids won't eat... and then doing it just for myself isn't worthwhile... I just don't want to do more thinking/cooking/dishes for one. I'd rather do something more fulfilling with my time. So, I've taken to eating stuff like this for lunch...


This is actually one of my prettier concoctions... but here's the general recipe:

1 Can of beans (garbanzo, black... whatever is in the front of the cupboard)
1 Can of vegetables (peas, corn, beets... again, whatever is in front)
Salad dressing of choice (generally Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinaigrette... although if I'm being fancy I'll make my own vinaigrette)
Sea salt and pepper to taste, if I remember

Rinse beans, drain veggies, put both in a tupperware (this is important in order to minimize dishes). Add salad dressing (and salt and pepper) to taste and mix. Eat half today, and half tomorrow. And you better step on it because you only have about 2 1/2 minutes to scarf that down with the biggest spoon you can find... the kids are plotting RIGHT NOW to divert your attention from this spectacular meal!

Enjoy! (ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment