
I learned that my family was reluctant to eat dessert for dinner, and even once they figured out that this wasn't really dessert... they still hesitated. Luckily for me, once they dug in they liked it. At least, the kids were OK until my mom mentioned that the fluffy pink stuff that was such a hit was actually mashed potatoes... then they didn't want them anymore... oh mom! My kids don't eat potatoes unless they're in the form of french fries... *sigh*...

I guess that meant they were in luck, as dessert-posing-as-dinner was chicken strips and french fries with ketchup (aka wafer cookies rolled in melted chocolate and then covered in crushed flake cereal, with bread dough sliced thin with sugar on top as the fries, and strawberry jam on the side)! Yeah... it turns out I really am funny!
It wasn't the healthiest dinner I've made lately, but I think I did score points with the kids. Maybe just because they got dessert...
No comments:
Post a Comment