
Oh man, this was wonderful! Now, it could be because it was a beautiful day overall, or maybe because it was a gorgeous setting, or maybe because it was quieter than anyplace I'd been in months (besides the library working on the never-ending PhD... but let's not go there, it's not pretty).
As it's name implies the path follows Fall Creek...
And even without the creek the path is serene and wonderful!

The whole time I was walking I could hear the sounds of the rushing water over the moss-covered rocks... bliss, I tell you!

Toward the end of the loop you get to the lime kiln and the gorgeous fields of forget-me-nots!


While I was walking and taking pictures, and just generally lollygagging, I saw a few groups of friends go by, chatting and enjoying each other... and I thought, "I wanna do that!". So I'm wondering if my local friends (and those not local are more than welcome, but I suppose that would be sporadic) wanted to form a "hiking club"? It would encourage me to go out more regularly, and hopefully we could all offer up different hikes to do that others may not have known about... AND it would be awesome to spend time with my friends without the kids. So, I'm thinkin' every second Saturday of the month... rain or shine (and if it's really raining or there is some other form of inclement weather we could opt for an hour with a good cup of coffee somewhere)... we'd see all the seasons together and just generally enjoy our beautiful area and each other. What'd'ya think?
I love the idea...we have so many beautiful places I would love to explore. We just need to get past all of these Saturday games.
ReplyDelete