Ah yes, when you're 40 you can start referring to the people you went to school with as your "olde friends"! Oh don't get upset... I'm just kidding. Maybe.
Anyway, I have found a few olde friends thanks to Facebook. Talk about a paradox... good thing... bad thing... but I digress. People have been through some sh*t. It gives a new perspective on my own life and drama... and I just admire how some people have held it together and gone on in the face of hardship. I guess that's just what you do... right? And it can't stop you from living your life, having friends, going to events and just moving on. But somehow I'm always amazed when I find another friend and when we start talking about what's filled our lives in the last 20 years it turns out that they've been through adoption, chemotherapy, raising children when they themselves are still young, divorce, death... and the list goes on.
People are wonderfully resilient, and it would do me good sometimes to remember that for myself and my kids. I worry a lot about "stuff" and it's really not worthwhile... as we'll all just do what we have to do and keep going... right? Enjoy the day, smile, and keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So true.......
ReplyDelete