Monday, August 16, 2010

Costa Rica Part 2

Every day in Costa Rica was a plethora of beautiful animals (which only got better as we went along... so stay tuned for bigger animals)...



These are blue morpho butterflies... big as the palm of your hand, and electric blue on top... unfortunately, when they sit still they close their wings so you can only see the brown underside.


Blue morpho caterpillars...


And the biggest grasshoppa you've ever seen!


We did a lot of swimming and volcano-watching... often at the same time!



And we went into the town of La Fortuna one day. I wish I had taken more pictures there, as it seemed pretty different from US towns. One thing that I noticed a lot of, but didn't get pictures of, apparently, were that most houses had iron fences around the property, and many more had iron grates on the windows.
And the adrenaline highlight of our time in the northern part of the country, was the zipline tour! Yeeehhhaaaaaa!


Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment