Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School's out... for summer!

We did it! We survived our first year of "real" school... Phoebe is done with Kindergarten, and Nora completed her second year of preschool...

Phoebe's first day:


Her last day of Kindergarten:


Nora's first day of preschool:



Nora's last day of preschool:



I've been SO looking forward to summer... no more driving everyone hither and yon... no more hurrying from one place to another... it's time to RELAX!

Right...

How is it that someone who spends so much time with these kids doesn't know them better?

Sometimes I have to ask myself if I'm paying attention...

Not generally known as an optimist... how could you think summer would be relaxing?

What events in your past with these children made that thought even come up?

Maybe I'm a blind optimist... with no regard for precedent I believed that summer would be relaxing...

Duh...

Instead... Phoebe woke up at 6:40 (we usually drag her out of bed at 7:15)

Nora yelled from the hallway for us to come pick her up from 7:00 to 7:20 (at least)... she was half way to our room already... just go the rest of the way girl!

Nora came to our bed and started fighting with Phoebe...

They got up... refused breakfast, and Nora had a fit because Mike wouldn't deliver to her hands her new furberry...

So... at 9am the kids sat down to breakfast...


Of Pirate's Booty (cheddar puffs)...


And furberry had to have a precariously perched bowl on the table... it was IMPERATIVE!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. By 9:00am I was overwhelmed with my kids...and somehow thought all would be fixed by taking them to Trader Joes and then the MALL!!!
    I needed a nap after this morning. I need your kids to keep my kids happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... let's get them together! Next week we'll be at the playdate on Tuesday... and we should talk about what to do with the little pixies before they drive us nuts! What day of summer vacation are we on???? One????? You've got to be KIDDING! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill the pictures are great, very nice to do a first day and last day of school.Have a great summer! Thank you for posting this inspiring writing of yours.

    ReplyDelete