Thursday, September 9, 2010

First days of school...


It's hard to believe that getting both girls up-and-running at school (read: mom adjusting to the kids being in school) has taken over 2 weeks! Phoebe started first grade back in August! These pictures are from her first day... she looks happy and excited, yeah?


The first day I walked her to her classroom... and she was fine with that... I guess. Although, that night she asked if I could just drop her off at the curb the next day. Ummm... well... okay... I guess... huh? But I sucked it up and did it... and Nora and I had some nice days, despite missing Phoebe. In contrast to Kindergarten, first grade is all day... and we sometimes miss Phoebe...


But then yesterday, Nora started preschool at a new school. She was a little nervous, I think... at least until we got there...


...and she found this swing. It's apparently her favorite thing. She told me when I picked her up that this was all she did all day long.


...but I think she was happy when I came to pick her up... and that made me feel better about this whole school thing...

I think my favorite part of this picture (besides the wild happy grin) was the thumbs up! Oh yeah... I love this kid!

1 comment: