Monday, September 13, 2010

Extracurricular acitivites

I'm not sure how people do this... I'm tired and I only have two kids, each with one extracurricular activity. I really cannot handle any more than this. I told Mike that we just can't have any more children. This, of course, was a moot point as he long ago (I'm guessing about 4 years ago now) told me that we were through. But ya know, I had to make my point. His rolling eyeballs suggested that he felt that I was just being dramatic (I'm kidding... he didn't roll his eyes... but I kinda think he should have... because I was being dramatic... just a little).

Anyway, it turns out it's all worth it because it's cute as all get out to watch a group of 6-8 year olds play soccer, and cuter still to watch 4 year olds do ballet and tap (but bring ear plugs).

Case in point... feeling jazzed before Phoebe's first game...


...running in a pack... although the coach is really good about trying to teach them to play positions...


...it's just that Phoebe is 6 years old on a 6-8 team, and she's never played soccer before... so there's a lot of standing around figuring out what's going on. If it's anything like t-ball, she'll figure it out in a few games and by the end we'll be talking about how much she improved!

Nora started a dance class today... and really... swoon... it's sweeter than one of those giant swirly lollipops we used to get when we were kids!


They did some ballet, and some tap...


Yes... I know... the polka dot socks... her tap shoes are a little big... and... well, actually, it's just Nora's style.


First class and they're already in sync... these are some talented little dancers!

I guess it's just one of those things... hard to get there, but you're glad when you do.

(And thanks Melissa for the dance pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment