We found some fun Valentine's Day cards for the girls to take to school. Nora made cards and we put plastic animals on them. I thought they turned out pretty well, given that I had problems with my math and I cut them to the wrong size!
And Phoebe rolled up a Mad Libs for each child in her class and added the heart-shaped name tags. The teacher even liked that one! So, we did pretty well.
As for home, I made the kids a few things for Valentine's. I hoped it was enough to make them feel special without overdoing the holiday. Valentine's Day isn't huge for me... so I just wanted to make my family feel appreciated.
I have a secret dessert planned too that I think they'll like... shhhh...
My husband is getting the short end of the busy stick though... I found time to make the girls something special... but haven't come up with something for him. Hopefully some well-earned gratitude will be a real gift.
Blessings to everyone as we celebrate the love of friends, partners, family, and the intricate web of life we live on this Valentine's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Valentines isn't big around here either, The Peanut coloured and pasted her own cards, making certain special ones for her favourite classmates and then promptly fell sick and missed out on the celebrations at school. The husband is dropping her cards off so that all her hard work isn't missed
ReplyDelete