Saturday, February 4, 2012

Did I tell you???

OK, I may have to just do a list to catch up...

1.  Nora lost her first tooth!  Of course, there's no tooth to show you, just a big gap, because she lost it in a bagel... and presumably it followed the path of the bagel... I had no interest in retrieving it... so we left the tooth fairy a note about what happened.  Luckily she can roll with that and was generous anyway...


2.  We've had lots of tea parties... some with friends from school... some with friends that no one else can see... and some with stuffed animals...


Pinkies up!!!

3.  We've had 8 months worth of drama that I won't waste your time with, regarding hooking up to the sewer line.  It has involved countless hours of figuring things out, asking for favors, asking people to do their jobs, firing our contractor, and finding someone else to do the job... who then says he's busy for the next several weeks... *sigh*.  In taking a closer look at the part of the yard that will be dug up for this project, we noticed that one of our big trees was sick and had split.  Unfortunately we had to take it out... but fortunately I got some kinda cool pictures of the work...



Yeah... that's a cool lookin' job...


On the other hand... he's a little too trusting of that chainsaw, if you ask me.  Sometimes when he let it down its tether it was still running (idling... I'm sure... but still).

4.  I agreed to be Nora's coach for T-ball... we're the Seahorses.  I don't have pictures, sorry.  We had our first practice today and it was fun.  The girls are so bright and excited and gave our first practice their full attention.  It was awesome!  I love softball season.  Phoebe moved up a level in the league.  She's playing on a different team... the Pink Flamingos.  She's doing really well... though she's one of the smallest on the team.

5.  Lots of adjustments going on around here... as I've taken the leap of starting a healing practice with my partner, Paula.  I got my certification in Bioenergy Balancing in January... and so far things are going well.  By serendipity we had an influx of clients just as I finished my exam... and I've had to adjust schedules and try to get my "working feet" under me just as I wanted to exhale from the exam.

6.  It's bedtime... for kids and for me.  Softball practice wears them out... but also makes me ready to hit the hay as soon as dinner is over.  So... hopefully more to come sooner rather than later... though I'm juggling like crazy around here for now...

Hope you are all well... I miss you, my friends.  I've spoken to so few of you lately... I hope to catch up soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment