Thursday, December 22, 2011

Donations

So... it's that time of year.  I finally get around to making the donations I really think should be done all year long.  Among other things, this year, I organized Nora's Kindergarten class to Adopt-A-Family.  We all chipped in, bought presents, and collected enough money for a couple of gift cards for a local family.


I was really proud of the class.  I need to take the picture of the pile of gifts into the classroom and show the kids what they could do when they all chipped in and worked as a group!  I want them to start to understand that when people work together they can do much bigger things than a single person can do.  It'd come in handy when the teacher has them pick up the blocks after playtime!


And speaking of donations... Phoebe cut her hair for a good cause... she donated her lovely long strands to Locks of Love.  She'd been talking about it for quite awhile.


I think it was at this moment where my own past memories of horrible haircuts inflicted upon me at a young age flashed before my eyes...


But luckily they were just my old memories, and not Phoebe's reality... or this would've been an awful sight!!!


This was Phoebe's first look after the length came off... she looked pretty happy even then.


And then came her hairstyle...


She looks fantastic!


She never flinched... she just knew what she wanted to do.  She looks beautiful (and so grown up!) in her new do!

Nora got her hair cut too... but kept her length for now.  She's looking grown up too... sigh.



'Tis the season to be grateful for what we have... and I'm giving thanks for my fantastic family: my supportive husband who is a great dad, two really wonderfully independent and loving children, and the extended family that keeps us ticking (especially grandmas who like to have sleepovers with the kidlets!  YAY!). 

Much love to all my friends this holiday season too... I sure miss you guys!  Wish we could sit down for a cup of coffee... or a drink... or at least a phone call soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment