Monday, November 15, 2010

10th Anniversary trip

Ahhh... has it really been that long? Have we been married 10 years now? Holy shimoly! I guess the years flew by while we were exhausted by raising small children... and since that was all some kind of sleepy blur the years got away from me.

Since we almost never leave the kids... we decided this was prime territory for getting a babysitter... and we took off for Point Reyes for two nights. We acted like tourists... stopping at the Golden Gate Bridge (where I learned that I have some height issues, so we only made it part way across)...


...and then we went on to Point Reyes. It was beautiful... we went hiking down to a beach... Shell Beach, to be precise... and it was wonderful.


We also went to see the Point Reyes Lighthouse...


The food was not particularly good, but I did enjoy that a) I didn't have to come up with a meal plan, b) I didn't have to make it, c) I didn't have to clean up after it, and d) I didn't have to get 400 times to make other food because mine was shunned by picky children.


Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed our time together... the hot tub, laying on the deck looking at the stars, and the peace and quiet of just the two of us. Happy Anniversary to Mike on Thursday... it's definitely been an adventure!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment