Friday, October 22, 2010

Drama

I know... I'm not keeping up on this blog... Mike just told me nothing's changed here in a long time. I'm not sure anyone is reading besides him... so when the going gets tough, I bail. Sorry if anyone was counting on me to enrich their day with my babble. LOL!

OK, so latest drama... if you see us at all regularly, you probably know that Nora got stitches. This caused no small amount of angst for me... oh, if you're wondering... Nora's fine. She got her four stitches out today... and she's seriously a trooper! She is unflappable... unless you pour blood in her eyes... she doesn't like that (which, for the record, I did not do... but the gash in her forehead did).

I'll spare you photos... this just isn't the right place for those. Besides, I took them with a flash, and they're not flattering...

We are slightly disappointed that she pulled this off at 4 years old... if she was 10 she'd have been stoked that she was a female Harry Potter... but alas... when we mention Harry she looks at us like we're speaking French.

Speaking of language... the funny story here is that when Mike took Nora into the ER for someone more capable than us to determine whether or not she needed stitches, the doctor went to leave the room, turned back to Mike and said "I'll be back in 30 minutes to do the string bandaid". Mike was like, "Wha?". The doctor replied "s-u-t-u-r-e-s". Seriously... she's 4... she had NO IDEA what sutures are. NEXT time she needs them you can spell it... but right now, you didn't gain anything but a nod that you were indeed top of your class in spelling...

No comments:

Post a Comment