Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The garden...

So, here we are in October with the warmest two weeks we've had since last September. It's crazy stuff. It means we've had the longest season of strawberries and tomatoes in recent memory... and this is my garden right now...


Personally, I expect fairies to pop out at any moment... and I think the girls are with me on that as they're building fairy houses with Mike. Phoebe would really love to catch a fairy so that she can see it...

Flowers in the garden...


And here's the tomatoes that I was talking about. This is the last pic I took, but I kept picking... and I ended up with an amazing heap! I'm delivering to local friends if you're interested! :)


Hopefully the shorter days are going to bring more quiet time soon... more time for catching up with people, dinner with friends, and time to reflect on the year. Well, I'll have to wait until this weekend passes with my brother-in-law's birthday party, family trips to the pumpkin patch, followed by making the kids' costumes, and getting a jump on starting to make Christmas presents.

This year Phoebe is going to be a spider and Nora wants to be a witch. I broke down and bought Nora's costume this year because she saw one she liked... and besides, the last four Halloweens I spent more money and TONS of time making their costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment