Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kid couches

Today we finished up our "kid couches" for under the girls' loft beds. They are liking the space they have, but aren't finding it overly comfy... so I thought I'd make them some simple couches. And really... it doesn't get simpler than sewing two pillow cases together, now does it?


Although, I let the girls pick their own fabrics... so I ended up making the pillow cases first... but that's just a few straight lines... and if the tension setting on my sewing machine worked better (or I figured out how to use it better) the whole project would have looked nicer... but oh well... they're good enough for kid couches!


We just put a couple of spare pillows in the cases, and presto! we had couches. Of course, now I need to buy some new pillows for our potential guests! :)

Oh... and technically, I suggested that we make the couch one fabric on one side, and another fabric on the other side, so you could switch it when the mood struck, but they were pretty adamant about how they wanted one color to sit on and the other to lean against... and so we did it that way. My disclaimer is that they DID choose their own fabrics, so I don't consider these complimentary fabrics... although the blue and yellow isn't SO bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment