Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm lucky...

Except for a terrible cough that will hopefully only last a few days, I've got a lot of reasons to feel lucky. I've had some incredible moments in my life, experiences that helped define who I am, and some of that was luck. I've also been very lucky to find and marry a truly great man who is a fantastic father to his children. Thank you Mike!

I am lucky to be in a place in my life that I can even look back on the stuff that sucked and see that it contributed positive things to who I am in the end. Some of those painful moments did the most to make me very clear about what I consider to be my best traits - loyalty, dedication, persistence, and honesty. I am loving and I'll do anything for my friends and family. It's the way I think it should be. Don't get me wrong... I don't think everyone should be just like me, I'm just saying that I'm clear about what is important to me. Although if I fantasize for awhile it might be nice for everyone to think these were important... but I digress.

Point being, I have a friend whose teenage sister is having a hard time... sounds akin to my life oh-so-long-ago. I hope that her sister will be OK, will figure out what a great person she is and she will stand tall in her future and walk forward with confidence. Honestly, I'm still working toward that too... but I'm closer to walking tall than I am to the girl who felt so sad, so separate, and who just wanted to belong. That feels really good... and makes me feel really lucky. Smile :)

3 comments:

  1. If my sister turns out to be even a little bit like you I will be oh so happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That made me smile! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Jill. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete