Spring Break has been so nice! I always appreciate the respite from the school schedule for awhile. I've started dreaming of summer and all the fun stuff we'll do.
In fact, our summer is starting to feel full already!
But as for this week... we spent some time at the beach with friends...

We worked on our Mighty Girl Art projects...
it's a summer camp (that inspired my own Wild Heart Camp)...
but the marvelous Wendy Cook who started Mighty Girl Art has started running a spring e-camp! Since she's on the East Coast, I figured it was the best way for me to participate with my girls.
So, we've started our journals... but we're falling a bit behind already... :(
As for other happenings around the house... our construction is nearly finished
(so I'll show you when it's actually done).
And in our yard, Mike found a Dark-eyed Junco nest with four eggs in it!
Unfortunately, the birds chose the back yard for their nest, so we're trying to figure out how to protect them from the dog for the next few weeks until fledging.
It's pretty exciting to be able to watch this nest!
And here's the mama (or papa... but I think this is mama based on some behavior I saw later)...
Lucky Nora had her birthday fall during Spring Break again this year...
and she chose to go skating for her party.
She's 7 now... and proud and growing so fast!
She's hit a stride lately that makes her a joy to be with and an honor to raise.
She's strong and confident and sensitive and funny! Love you, Nora!
And here's an action shot from the party! I had such a great time skating along with the kids!
So, I'll throw this out there... we had so much fun... that I'm thinking it would be fun to reopen the Scotts Valley Roller Rink! If anyone local is looking for a business partner... come talk to me! ;-)






No comments:
Post a Comment