Friday, August 24, 2012
Here I am...
So, um, yeah... it's been a long time. Did I really just quit posting here all together? It wasn't intentional... but somehow... the time... it just moved right on by. I can only tell you that I was engaging in several activities to remember who I was before I was a mom... or who I am now that I'm facing both of my kids going to school all day... and it took up a lot of my time... this self-appraisal.
One thing I did to find my soul was to start painting... yeah... I know... WHAT??? I dunno. It just seemed right somehow. I took an intuitive art class by the AMAZING Flora Bowley which promised that I needed no particular skills to make a painting. I have now produced the most expensive piece of art that we own (dang... good acrylics are EXPENSIVE)... and I had a load of fun coming up with this:
I can't even begin to tell you how many layers of paint this is... we'll just leave it at "many"! It was SO many hours of fun! The biggest frustration is my lack of drawing experience... so it was also technically challenging to get images to show up on canvas they way they do in my head (which is full of really truly groundbreakingly fabulous art... too bad you can't see it).
I've also been trying to define my healing practice and how I'm going to nurture myself, begin to contribute differently to my household now that the kids are in school a bunch, how to express the creativity that seems to be growing as I get further from childbearing... all the while being here... present... for the kids... for the family... growing ALL sorts of things that I really want in my life.
I'm sure there will be more on that as time marches on... 'til then, my sweets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome back!
ReplyDelete