Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to school...

Well, it happened... even though it didn't make me happy... school started. It seemed to make the kids happy though... I wonder if it was more fun for me to hang out with them than it was for them to hang out with me... oh no... they're not teenagers already... are they??? Someone told me 40 is the new 30... does that mean 7 is the new 17? Wait... that would mean we're all converging on 25... well, ok. If I can get my old waistline back then I'm in...

Back to reality... in which the kids were excited to go back to school...

Check out the confidence of that brand new Kindergartner leaning on her Dad...

The first day they were gone I spent pondering the sounds of silence... I don't know that I'd heard such things (no-things) in my house in quite a long time.

Nora started kindergarten knowing kids in her class from preschool... they were so happy and confident!

I took a couple of days just getting used to them being gone... working out carpool schedules... and generally wasting time. I'm OK with things... Nora is only in school for 3 1/2 hours... and she's home by lunch to hang out with me. I miss Phoebe... that 6 hour school day is so long. But she seems to really like her teacher and her class... and so all seems to be well.

Now I can settle in to doing my own work, doing nice things for myself, getting some exercise, and catching up with the cleaning. How come it doesn't sound like as much fun as I imagined???

No comments:

Post a Comment