Friday, March 26, 2010

Birthday planning!


I LOVE my kids' birthdays... I tend to go overboard because the day means so much to me. I'm trying to scale back... I really am... but my whole world changed by having kids and I don't mean that at all flippantly. They've sparked more action, more emotion, and more self-awareness than any other event in my life. So, for me it's always a true celebration, a walk down memory lane, and a gratitude that I cannot express... so I throw a huge involved party!

Nora's birthday is just around the corner and so planning has begun. Phoebe has always happily given me a theme for her parties, and let me loose. I'm struggling this year with Nora having lots of ideas of her own... and I'm having to step back and let her plan her day. After all, it really IS about her, not about me (humph). Her desires... a bounce house and a pinata... and a butterfly/fairy/rainbow theme. Hmmmm.... now I'm throwing myself into the food.


Chocolate delight spoons (my name for them - apparently aka as Welsh love spoons) are going to be my first undertaking (thanks for posting about them Damaris!)...
http://deliciousdeliciousdelicious.blogspot.com/2010/02/chocolate-party-spoons.html

...and rainbow cupcakes...

http://deliciousdeliciousdelicious.blogspot.com/2009/12/rainbow-cupcakes.html

I can't wait to start making stuff! Now I need to think about decorations... hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Parties are so much fun!! If you need any help, please let me know...and lets have a play date soon. Do you want Nora to come over on Wednesday?

    ~Melissa
    PS...the pictures were taken by UCSC..on the west side entrance.

    ReplyDelete