

OK, onto the story... Saturday we went and cut our Christmas tree in between raindrops. The weather gods were with us, as there was great potential for it to be a rainout! The Christmas tree farm that we go to has cut-your-own trees, and the ones that are available for cutting are tagged and named. This year we settled on Cookie Monster! LOL!

And even the girls helped do some cutting...

We also played at the farm for awhile... climbing on old wagons...
...and going on a hayride to the top of a hill. The fun really comes from stopping there and rolling pumpkins down the hill, trying to get one through the tire at the bottom for a free cookie!


Despite all our trying we didn't get our pumpkins to roll through the tire... so we bought our cookies!

We brought Cookie Monster home and dressed her up... and boy does she make my house smell good. I think I might grow a pine tree in my yard so that I can snip branches often to bring inside. I love that smell most of all!
Now the stockings have been hung by the chimney with care... and we're ready for old St. Nicholas to be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment